Environmental Health ComplianceFood Business Support & Local Authority Enforcement - Inspections - Training - Consultancy
Food Business Consultancy SupportMonthly Subscription Service
- Food safety inspections and comprehensive reports
- SharePoint Drive for due diligence documents we develop together
- Food safety training
- HACCP Reviews
- Reactive service for support & advice
Contact me for a monthly price, depending on location and type of food business.
Food Law Code of Practice (March 2021)
Officers should reflect on the level of reassurance provided by checks undertaken on the food safety management systems directly at an individual establishment via an independent third party as part of an assurance scheme which address applicable legislation. The confidence in management/control procedures score is not solely about documented procedures and their implementation. Factors that will influence the officer’s judgement include:
- the ‘track record’ of the company, its willingness to act on previous advice and enforcement, and the complaint history
- the attitude of the present management towards hygiene and food safety
- hygiene and food safety knowledge, including hazard analysis/HACCP and the control of critical points
- satisfactory food safety management-based procedures
Delivered by Chartered Environmental Health Practitioners/Officers.
- Supervised open book learning in groups with a Q&A assessment book (Level 2 & 3 Food Safety)
- Blended learning (Text book learning plus video call or a coaching visit)
- Online tutor training (Level 2 & 3 food safety)
- Traditional group learning with an EHP trainer (Subject to current Covid controls and legislation)
"sociable and friendly, team building, kept me engaged and asking questions"
Local Authority Environmental Health Contracts
The revised Food Law Code has opened up career pathways for new Regulatory Services Officers to undertake official controls. My colleagues and I have time served experience and can provide training, mentoring and assessment in conformance with the Code for technical officers.
I've worked as a generalist and specialist and have maintained CPD as a member of the CIEH. Food safety enforcement: East Devon, Torridge, North Devon, West Devon, London (Ealing), Tewkesbury, Bristol. Housing and Environmental Protection: East Devon, Tewksbury, and Mid Devon DC .
Working From Home (National)
- Food business mailshot - contact - assessment
- Case management
- Team lead, support & mentoring
- Track & trace
- Disabled facility grants
Working on district (Bristol & South West)
- Food inspections
- Health & safety accident/incident investigation
- Generalist EHP case management
- Team lead, support & mentoring
- Covid compliance
- HHSRS Assessments
- Statutory nuisance
- Environmental crime
HACCP Risk Management
An iterative and facilitative support service using a methodical approach to ensure the Codex Alimentarius principles of HACCP are fulfilled and in compliance with Article 5 Regulation EC 852/2005. Includes production of process flow charts, risk scored hazard analysis at each process step and decision tree analysis for CCP's and prerequisite controls . Contact us for SALSA /BRC mentoring and mock audits.Contact
Food Manufacturingconsultancy - conformance - certification
If you process food products of animal origin and sell to retailers (wholesale) you may need local authority approval. We can provide support for:
- HACCP studies / reviews / file tidy
- BRC mentoring/audits
- Small and Local Supplier Approval (SALSA) mentoring
- Regulation EC 853/2004 local authority approval application (products of animal origin)
- Preparing your staff for food safety inspections
- Incident management
- Food sampling advice
- Health & safety audits
Health and Safety Competent Assistance
Employing a health & safety advisor on a retained contract can be a cost effective way of achieving compliance and facilitate better risk management, reducing the likelihood and severity of accidents in your workplace.
Legal requirement As an employer you must appoint someone competent to help you meet your health and safety duties. A competent person is someone with the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to manage health and safety. We provide support for policies, procedures, training, risk assessments & communication to ensure you are doing all reasonably practicable to safeguard your employees health, safety and welfare. (Regulation 7 Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 subject to the provisions of the employers liability under Regulation 21).